IELTS Writing: Bài mẫu Writing Task 2 – Undervalued Jobs
Bài viết hôm nay sẽ là về Writing Task 2: Chủ đề Job các bạn nhé, bao gồm bài viết mẫu và một số tip các bạn nên biết giúp ích cho kỳ thi sắp tới của các bạn nhé!
You should spend about 40 minutes on this task. Write about the following topic:
Some people feel that certain workers like nurses, doctors and teachers are undervalued and should be paid more, especially when other people like film actors or company bosses are paid huge sums of money that are out of proportion to the importance of the work that they do.
- How far do you agree?
- What criteria should be used to decide how much people are paid?
You should use your own ideas, knowledge and experience and support your arguments with examples and relevant evidence.
Write at least 250 words.
Nobody can deny that there are certain professionals like nurses, doctors and teachers who are essential to the fabric of society, and who should therefore be rewarded accordingly. However, this is seldom the case. When we look at the salaries and fees commanded by certain film stars and actresses and people who run large companies, this does not seem fair.
First of all, not all film stars earn huge sums of money. In fact, at any one time in the UK, for example, roughly 80 percent of actors are out of work and on top of that the number who are paid so-called ‘telephone number fees’ is even smaller. One must also remember that the career of many actors is very short and that therefore the money they earn has to be spread over many years. The same applies to company bosses.
Stating a set of criteria as to how much people should be paid is not easy. The idea of performance-related pay is very much in vogue at the moment. Rewarding people according to qualifications has long been used as a yardstick for paying people, but it is not a consistently good measure. Another is years of relevant experience, but there are many cases where a younger person can perform a task better than someone with lots of experience.
Whatever criteria are used to assess salaries, an on-going cycle will develop. This will create pressure in other areas. This considered, generally I feel that certain key professionals should have their salaries assessed by independent review bodies on an on-going basis so that they do not fall behind.
1) It is essential that you plan your essay before actually beginning to write your answer. Some students may want to begin writing immediately as they are afraid that they will run out of time. This will not allow them to produce a well-organised essay.
2) There is more weight to Task 2 when calculating your overall writing score, so time management is important.
3) You should introduce the issue in your introduction, but avoid copying directly from the prompt. Rather, you should paraphrase the question using your own words.
4) If you write less than 250 words for Task 2, you will be penalized in the Task Response criteria.