Từ vựng IELTS band điểm tốt về chủ đề Health sức khỏe và ví dụ áp dụng
Từ vựng IELTS band điểm tốt về chủ đề Work công việc và ví dụ áp dụng trong phần trả lời cho bài thi IELTS để dễ dàng đạt được band điểm cao với những từ vựng học thuật đậm chất IELTS và có hỗ trợ phần hội thoại để thí sinh có thể dễ dàng luyện tập.
Nhấn “Play” để được hỗ trợ đọc.
• aches and pains: đau âm ỉ
• to be a bit off colour: có vẻ không khỏe
• to be at death’s door: bịnh gần chết
• to be on the mend: tđang dần bình phục sau một cơn bệnh.
• to be over the worst: đã đi qua giai đoạn nguy hiểm nhất
• to be under the weather: có vẻ không khỏe
• a blocked nose: nghẹt cứng lỗ mủi
• to catch a cold: bị cảm
• a check-up: đi khám sức khỏe
• a chesty cough: ho do viêm phế quản
• cuts and bruises: vết cắt hay vết xướt nhẹ bị chảy máu
• to feel poorly: bị bịnh
• as fit as a fiddle: rất khỏe, rất sung sức
• to go down with a cold: bị bịnh
• to go private: đi khám bệnh tư chứ không qua bệnh viện nhà nước
• GP: General Practitioner:bác sỹ gia đình
• to have a filling: làm và điều trị rang
• to have a tooth out: nhổ rang
• a heavy cold: bị cảm nặng
• to make an appointment: đặt hẹn với bác sỹ
• to make a speedy recovery: hồi phục rất nhanh sau cơn bệnh.
• to phone in sick: gọi điện xin phép nghỉ bệnh.
• prescription charges: hóa đơn tiền thuốc kê theo toa của bác sỹ
• to pull a muscle: kéo căng cơ
• a runny nose: sổ mũi
• a sore throat: viêm họng
Từ vựng IELTS band điểm tốt về chủ đề Work công việc và ví dụ áp dụng trong cả 3 phần trả lời cho bài thi IELTS giúp bạn dễ dàng luyện tập với sự hỗ trợ phần hội thoại khi ấn nút “play”.
Part 1-style questions
Examiner: Have you got a relation you’re particularly fond of?
Sinita: Yes … my granddad … he’s 94 years old but generally he’s as fit as a fiddle … we’re very close and see each other a lot … whenever he goes down with a cold or is under the weather I make a point of visiting him …
Examiner: Do you do any sport?
Jon: Yes … I’m keen on skateboarding … but I haven’t done it for a while … I had a bad fall recently and pulled a muscle and had a few cuts and bruises … but I’m on the mend and hope to be doing it again soon …
Examiner: Is there anything you’re particularly afraid of?
Davide: The dentist … I hate going to the dentist … I only ever go if I have a toothache so it usually means I have to have a filling or even have a tooth out … I really don’t like it …
Part 2-style taskDescribe a time when you were ill. You should say:
• when this was
• what your symptoms were
• how long the illness lasted
• and say how it affected your life at the time.
Pierre: This is a tricky one really as I’m usually quite healthy … I’ve never been seriously ill … like everyone else I sometimes get a few aches and pains or catch a cold … I can remember a few months ago I had to have time off work with a heavy cold … I had the usual symptoms … a blocked nose … sore throat … it lasted quite a while … about 2 weeks I think though I didn’t have that much time off work … for a few days I remember feeling poorly but I was over the worst of it after a few days and went back to work … I always find it’s better to be active when you feel ill as it keeps your mind of your symptoms … I think my family get a little fed up with me when I’m ill though … I tend to feel sorry for myself and lie on the sofa all day as if I’m at death’s door … but as I said earlier … on this occasion it was nothing serious and didn’t really cause me any problems …
Part 3-style questions
Examiner: What costs are involved when you are ill in your country?
Anya: Well … people have to pay prescription charges which can be quite expensive … but fortunately general healthcare is free … unless you want to go private of course and then you can pay a fortune for your treatment …
Examiner: [responsivevoice voice="US English Male" buttontext="Play"]In your experience are people too quick to take time off work when they’re ill?
Alicia: Yes .. I’ve got friends who have a day off work if they wake up with a runny nose … and in most cases they seem to make a speedy recovery after they’ve phoned in sick …
Examiner: Do women pay more attention to their health than men?
Julie: I think so yes … women are more likely to see their GP for a check-up if they’re concerned about something … men tend to avoid facing up to any health problems they have … my dad always seems to have a very chesty cough but refuses to go to make an appointment to see the doctor …