Từ vựng IELTS band điểm tốt về chủ đề Sports và ví dụ áp dụng cho phần thi IELTS Speaking
- an athletics meeting : cuộc hội ngộ của các vận động viên
- an athletics track : đường chạy đua
- an away game : cuộc đấu ở sân đối phương
- a brisk walk : rảo bước
- a football fan : người hâm mộ bóng đá
- a fitness programme : chương trình luyện tập thể hình
- a football match : một trận bóng
- a football pitch : sân đá banh
- a football season : mùa bóng đá
- to get into shape : thân hình cân đối
- to go jogging : chạy bộ
- a home game : cuộc đấu trên sân nhà
- to keep fit : giữ dáng
- to be out of condition : không vừa
- a personal best : thời kỳ sung mãn nhất của một vận động viên
- a personal trainer : huấn luyện viên một kèm một
- a season ticket : vé xem xuyên suốt cả mùa giải
- to set a record: ghi thành tích
- a sports centre : trung tâm thể thao
- sports facilities : cơ sở vật chất cho thể thao
- a squash/tennis/badminton court : sân bóng
- strenuous exercise : luyện tập căng thẳng
- a strong swimmer : tay bơi cừ khôi
- a swimming pool : hồ bơi
- to take up exercise : bắt đầu luyện tập
- to train hard : luyện tập siêng năng
Từ vựng IELTS band điểm tốt về chủ đề Sports trong phần trả lời bài thi IELTS SPEAKING. Có ví dụ áp dụng ở cả 3 phần thi nói IELTS
Examiner: Do you do any sports?
Loiuse: Not really … no … I always say I’m going to take up exercise and try to get into shape but I never seem to get started … I sometimes wonder whether I should get a personal trainer … someone who will sort out a fitness programme for me and make me train hard ….
Examiner: How do you spend a typical weekend?
Stella: I’m a big football fan and weekends always centre around a football match … I support FC Utrecht and have a season ticket so I go to most of the home games and quite a few of the away games too … I’m really looking forward to the new football season starting soon …
Examiner: Have you got any hobbies or interests?
Theo: Yes … I’m really keen on sports … I do judo once a week and play tennis in the summer … I think it’s really important to keep fit … it makes you feel good and energised for work and your studies ….
Part 2-style task
Describe a place you like going to in your leisure time. You should say:
- What this place is.
- When you go there.
- What you do there.
and say why you enjoy it there so much.
Maurice: I’d like to talk about my local sports centre … it’s a place I spend a lot of time in … it’s a new building with all the latest sports facilities … I probably go there at least twice a week … sometimes more often … it’s a huge place … there’s an outdoor athletics track and some football pitches … I play football so I’m often out there … there are several indoor squash and tennis courts that I use occasionally … a big swimming pool … although I don’t use that very often … I’m not a very strong swimmer … there’s a gym … lots of things really … why do I enjoy going there … it’s just a really fun place to be … there’s a good social side to it all … you can enter competitions … meet up with other people who want to do the same sports … and because there are so many activities on offer it gets you interested in different things … for example I was listening to some people talking about training to run the marathon and I’ve decided I might even think about that … I go jogging a couple of times a week so it would give me something to aim for … so yes … the sports centre … that’s the place I really like to visit …
Part 3-style questions
Examiner: Should people be encouraged more to take up sport?
Alejandro: I think young people should be given the chance to discover which sport they might like … watching sport is sometimes a good way to get people started … not on TV but actually getting out … take athletics for example … they could go to an athletics meeting … there are so many different sports on show one might interest them …
Examiner: Why do some people enjoy participating in sport more than others?
Florrie: That’s a good question … I suppose some people are more concerned about their health … they can’t stand the thought of being out of condition … other people might be driven to excel … they want to set records or get personal bests …
Examiner: Which sports do you think are best for people who aren’t used to physical activity?
Julie: Well … I think people like this should avoid strenuous exercise so things like circuit training are definitely out of the question … maybe just doing a brisk walk every day … or swimming is always a good way to get started.