18 TỪ VỰNG HỌC THUẬT GIÚP BẠN ĐẠT BAND 9.0 TRONG IELTS WRITING
Chào các bạn. Bài hôm nay sẽ giới thiệu đến các bạn 18 từ vựng học thuật giúp bạn có thể đạt band 9.0 trong IELTS Writing nói riêng và các phần thi còn lại nói chung. Cùng xem qua và bổ sung thêm vốn từ vựng của mình, giúp bạn đạt điểm tốt trong kỳ thi sắp tới nhé!
Ngoài ra, các bạn có thể tham khảo thêm một số từ vựng ở những chủ đề khác tại đây nhé.
Some people reject the notion that seeing violence on television has a harmful effect on children.
- preconceived notions
- obtain information
- obtain permission
- obtain results
- obtain advice
- a number of changes can be observed……
- the research project has been observing changes in local population
- obstacle to doing something
A lack of qualifications can be a major obstacle to finding a job.
To overcome all the obstacles in the path of ……
- to become/constitute an obstacle
A lack of qualifications constitutes an obstacle to finding a job.
Population growth constitutes an obstacle to economic development
The college provides training in a wide range of occupations.
It’s harder to lose weight when you have a sedentary occupation (công việc văn phòng)
A positive/negative outcome
To influence/decide/determine the outcome
Better diet leads to improved health outcomes.
It is important to evaluate the learning outcomes of the course.
- PARTIAL = not complete/not whole
It was only a partial solution to the problem
A partial answer to the question
The entire world/city/ country
In the past people often spent their entire career working for the same company.
Many people in London do not possess a car
Workers who possess the required skills for the task
- PREDOMINANTLY = mostly/mainly/generally
Senior management posts are predominantly held by men.
Female engineers work in a predominantly male environment
- PRINCIPALLY = mainly/chiefly
The measures were principally designed to tackle the problem of unemployment.
To be principally responsible for something
- TO PROPOSE = to suggest a plan
Since the idea was proposed, no action has been taken
The proposed solution
- TO PROVIDE = to give something to somebody
The rules should provide customers with a high level of protection.
- To provide something for someone
The government should be able to provide viable social services for poorer families.
- To provide someone with something
The government should provide poorer families with viable social services.
- TO REJECT = to refuse to accept/to refuse to consider something
To reject a notion/a plan/a request
To reject a job offer/a university application
The proposal was rejected as too costly
- REPERCUSSIONS = indirect and bad result of an action/event that happens at some time in the future and usually used in plural form.
To have far-reaching repercussions
Any decrease in tourism could have serious repercussions for the local economy
- STRIKING = interesting enough and unusual enough to attract attention
The most striking feature of these results is that left-handed mothers are more likely to have left-handed children
Striking contrast/ similarities/features
- SUBSTANTIAL = this is large in amount value or importance
The findings show a substantial difference between the opinions of men and women
Substantial sums of money
- TO SUBSTITUTE = to take the place of somebody or something else
- Substitute A for B
Computers cannot substitute for human interaction
No book or course of study can substitute for experience
- substitute B with/by A
we cannot substitute human interactions with computers
=> human interactions cannot be substituted with computers