Từ vựng IELTS band điểm tốt về chủ đề Food thức ăn và ví dụ áp dụng cho phần thi IELTS Speaking
- to be full up : ăn no cứng bụng, không thể nhét thêm nữ
- to be starving hungry : đói bụng muốn chế
- to bolt something down : ăn ngấu nghiến
- to be dying of hunger : đói bụng muốn chết/ đói kinh khủng
- to eat a balanced diet : ăn uống điều độ
- to eat like a horse : ăn rất nhiều
- to follow a recipe : nấu ăn theo công thức hướng dẫn
- to foot the bill : trả tiền
- a fussy eater : người ăn uống rất cầu kỳ và kỹ tính
- to grab a bite to eat : ăn vội
- to have a sweet tooth : người thích ăn đồ ngọt
- home-cooked food : thức ăn nấu tại nhà
- the main meal : bữa ăn chính
- to make your mouth water : làm cho bạn thèm ăn cái gì
- to play with your food : ám chỉ không muốn ăn
- processed food : thức đóng hộp
- a quick snack : ăn vặt, ăn nhẹ
- a ready meal : thức ăn được chế biến sẳn, có thể gọi là cơm bụi
- a slap up meal : bữa ăn hoành tráng, thịnh soạn, nhiều món ăn
- to spoil your appetite : ăn lót dạ để giảm bớt cơn đói bụng khi đến giờ ăn
- a take away : mua thức ăn đem về nhà ăn
- to tuck into : ăn rất ngon miệng
- to wine and dine : chiêu đãi ai rất hậu hĩ
- to work up an appetite : hoạt động thể lực để bạn cảm thấy đói bụng
Từ vựng IELTS band điểm tốt về chủ đề Food thức ăn và ví dụ áp dụng trong phần trả lời bài thi IELTS SPEAKING. Có ví dụ áp dụng ở cả 3 phần thi nói IELTS
Part 1-style questions
Examiner: Do you like to cook?
Mandy: Not really no … most of the time I eat ready meals and take-aways … that’s one of the reasons I love visiting my mum … you can always guarantee lovely home-cooked food …
Examiner: What time do you usually eat dinner?
Michelle: We have our main meal at around 7.00 … I’m usually starving hungry by then … in fact I often grab a bite to eat as soon as I get home from college … a sandwich perhaps … but not too much to spoil my appetite …
Examiner: Are there any types of food you don’t like?
Lionel: No not really … I’m not a fussy eater at all … actually I eat like a horse … I do a lot of sport and work up quite an appetite …
Part 2-style taskDescribe a restaurant that you like to use. You should say
- where this restaurant is
- what kind of food it serves
- how often you go there
and say why you like eating there so much.
Howard: OK … this is a nice topic to talk about … there’s a restaurant just around the corner from where I live … it’s an Italian restaurant so as you’d expect you can eat various pasta dishes and pizzas and I usually go there with my family for a slap-up meal if we have anything to celebrate … it’s quite a posh restaurant … the kind of place you would take someone if you wanted to wine and dine them … we usually order a 3-course meal … a light starter then a main dish … and I have quite a sweet tooth so I always look forward to the dessert … I usually order Tiramisu … it makes my mouth water just to think about it … I’m always totally full up by the end … why do I enjoy it there … well … it’s not cheap … my parents always foot the bill and we couldn’t afford to go there regularly so it’s always a nice treat …
Part 3-style questions
Examiner: How can we encourage people to eat more healthily?
Anna: I think the best approach is to have everything in moderation … processed food won’t kill you if you only eat it occasionally … but people should also be encouraged to eat a balanced diet … try to cook fresh ingredients at home a few times a week …
Examiner: Do you think people enjoy their food as much as they should?
Florrie: I don’t know really … I suppose it’s true that people will often eat a quick snack because they’re bored not because they’re dying of hunger … and often they just bolt it down and don’t savour it … so yes … perhaps we could take more time over our food …
Examiner: Do you think cooking is a pleasure or a chore for people who have busy lives?
Julie: Well … whether you follow a recipe of make something up as you go along … I think cooking is a very creative process … and cooking for other people is a particular pleasure … there’s nothing more satisfying than seeing people you love tucking into something you’ve cooked yourself …