IELTS Speaking: Chủ đề Education – Từ vựng và Ví dụ Part 2
Bài viết hôm nay hãy xem qua Part 2 và 3 của IELTS Speaking chủ đề Education nhé, bao gồm các từ vựng bạn có thể sử dụng trong phần thi nói theo chủ đề này và một số câu hỏi ví dụ cho từng phần!
IELTS Speaking: Chủ đề Education – Từ vựng và Ví dụ:
- mature student: someone who’s older than others. EX: Nowadays it’s not uncommon to face a mature student in the class. People often change professions and get a second or third degree in their mid-thirties.
- not the sharpest tool in the shed: a polite way of saying that someone isn’t very smart. EX: Maybe John isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed, but he’s a good friend nonetheless.
- public schools: exclusive independent schools in the UK. EX: My friend finished a public school a few years ago.
- schoolboy error: a very basic and stupid mistake. EX: Sam made a schoolboy error on his English test.
- single-sex schools: schools for either boys or girls. EX: My brother studied in a single-sex school.
- small fraction: small part. EX: A small fraction of students managed to pass this exam.
- state school: a school which is paid for by the state or country. EX: It is hard to find a good state school nowadays.
- subject specialist: a person who is very talented in one specific field. EX: My math teacher was a real subject specialist. Thanks to him math is my favourite subject now.
- to attend classes: to visit classes. EX: In my college, students need to attend classes five times a week.
- to fall behind with studies: to progress less quickly than others. EX: Mary was ill for two weeks, so she fell behind with her studies.
- to give feedback: to give some information or criticism on a subject. EX: I launched a project a couple of days ago and I want my friends to give me some feedback.
- to goof around: spend time doing nothing important. EX: Sometimes I like to goof around, although my parents scold me for that.
- to learn something by heart: to memorize something. EX: Last year i had to learn a very big poem by heart for my literature class.
- to meet a deadline: to finish something within a time limit. EX: Unfortunately, we weren’t able to meet the deadline for our project.
- to pass with flying colours: to pass easily and with excellent result. EX: I’m studying hard and I will pass IELTS with flying colours.
- to play truant: to skip classes without permission. EX: During my school years I often played truant with my friends.
- to pursue studying: to continue studying. EX: Lora would like to pursue studying in the future to become a professor.
- to set aside some time: to take some time. EX: I need to set aside some time to collect my thoughts.
- to sit an exam: to take an exam. EX: Tomorrow I’ll have to sit a two-hour math exam.
- to take a year out: to spend one year working or traveling before studying in the University. EX: My friend took a year out and went traveling to the UK.
- tuition fees: money you pay for your education. EX: I had to pay tuition fees this summer.
IELTS Speaking: Chủ đề Education – Ví dụ Part 2:
Describe a period of time from your studies that was the most difficult for you so far. You should say:
- When it was
- Why was it hard
- What you were doing at that time
I would like to talk about my last school year. It was really diffucult due to enormous amounts of homework I had to do and all the exams I had to prepare for, so I studied hard, having no time to goof around. , I forgot a lot of things from the school curriculum, that’s why I had to do a lot of revision. the tough preparation, I managed to set aside some time to rest and interact with my friends and family. , my efforts were not in vain. I passed all the exams well and was admitted to the university of my dream.
IELTS Speaking: Chủ đề Education – Ví dụ Part 3:
What are some essential qualities every teacher should have?
catch student’s attention. It is very important to make your subject interesting to the others… , teacher should be a subject specialist and a kind, helpful person.., every teacher should be able to
What are some pros of studying on a distance learning course?
fairly cheap, compared to face-to-face classes, I think it’s very advantageous to study in such way… It gives you more time flexibility, especially if you have a job… that it is
Does everybody get equal opportunities to study?
financial capabilities. Some schools and universities are just too expensive. Only a small fraction of people can afford to study there.. I think it really depends on a country you live in. , it depends on your
Chúc các bạn đạt điểm cao trong kỳ thi IELTS sắp tới nhé!